Stay informed to stay safe
BYDA offers its members and excavation and construction organisations the opportunity to participate in FREE Education and awareness training sessions across Australia.
What our education and awareness sessions cover
Each education session covers a range of topics of discussion, including:
- how the referral service works
- the importance of safe excavation
- safe work practices
- complying with asset-owner instructions
- consequences of damaging infrastructure
- avoiding damage to assets and the community
Stay informed and stay safe when carrying out excavation activities. Request a free BYDA Education session by completing our contact form, and a member of the team will be in touch.
Learning Management System
We have developed a convenient online Learning Management System (LMS) designed for anyone working near infrastructure networks and assets. The training is for organisations that work around, or otherwise have an interest in, services and infrastructure, such as power, water, gas and telecommunications. It is essential that people working near these infrastructure networks and assets are aware of how to work safely around them without causing damage or harm to themselves, the networks, the environment and the community.
The purpose of this online training is to raise awareness and encourage positive planning and work behaviours among workers. Features of the online Learning Management System include:
- Six (6) interactive modules focused around the 5Ps and one focused on learning how to use the Before You Dig enquiry system;
- Web-based system that enables Users to access the platform online anywhere;
- 2.5 to 3 hours of total content on the online management learning system;
- Interactive modules that take 20-30 minutes to complete, followed by a short 6-8 question quiz;
- Modules can be completed at once or in part or progressively at the User’s discretion;
- At the completion of the 5Ps modules, a pass mark of 80% (across all 6 tests) is required to pass and a certificate issued;
- It has initially been developed with the 5Ps module focus and the intent is to continue to build additional modules including some Member Plan Reading modules;
- Users advised of new modules and additional courses available on the system.
View the online Learning Management System for more information.